The more interesting your social media content is the more compelled your followers will be to share with their friends. This creates a buzz of excitement and brings new followers to your social media and keeps your audience engaged. Try not to slam your feed with posts focused solely on promoting brand specific content on social media. Instead, know what your followers are really interested in and use your content to respond to those needs.
So what is “interesting content”? Here are a few of the many ways to connect...
- When guests on Facebook "Check-In" and their post has captured the vibe of your restaurant, share it onto your timeline and thank them for a great post.
- Chef just get back from the farmers market? Take a pic and let your guests see the freshness of your ingredients
- Quick video of your bartender mixing a cocktail, pouring a beer or opening a wine bottle
- Have Chef or Bartender do a weekly recipe, people love to share those!
- Your wine rep or craft beer supplier has come by... Another amazing opportunity to pique people's interest through a picture with product in hand.
- Everyone LOVES a contest! The engagement is always worth the cost of the prize.
- Do a staff feature, keeping it light and fun.
Now for the "Brand Specific" content
- Getting the word out about new promotions
- Discounts that your restaurant is offering
- Newsletter campaigns, link to registration form on website.
- Requesting guests to register for something like newsletters or V.I.P. programs
- Selling Gift Certificates during the holiday season
You get the idea! What is the most important thing to do? Sit down at least one day out of the month and plan your social media posts based off of your marketing goals. Schedule the "Brand Specific" content ahead of time. Then schedule upcoming events, contests. Pre-schedule 60% of your posts and allow 40% for spontaneous posts. You'll find that you can easily manage that 40% of spontaneity over 100% of the time scrambling to make a post. Organization is key! Remember, the restaurant industry is erratic, you never know when you have time for following through.
- PikMonkey is a great solution for all types of social media images
- HootSuite is a great solution for managing and scheduling Facebook, Instagram and Twitter all from one screen.
- Canva comes in as one of the most widely used platform because it is FREE and most importantly it stand above the rest.
If there is really no spare time to manage your own social media, then Fresh Restaurant Marketing is here to help. When you hire us as your digital marketing company, we can help establish trust and build relationships with potential new and existing customers. Because of our experience in the food and beverage industry, we understand how to communicate with your followers. Additional benefits to hiring us: Improved Google ranking; Blog promotions; Reputation management.